[Linux-aus] Error with conference web site

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Mon Feb 24 16:00:46 EST 2014

On 02/24/2014 03:19 PM, Jonathan Woithe wrote:
> It's great that there's a workaround, but it seems that 2014.linux.conf.au should nevertheless point to LCA2014 as well.

The YYYY.linux.conf.au was never an agreed URL between everyone involved
(ie - teams, LA admin team, council, etc), it was always
'lca20YY.linux.org.au'

For some reason, there was one created for 2011, and then the
expectation somehow arose from delegates that it would exist for future
years, which leads to the confusion we now have.

We (the admin team) can go back and create old ones and new ones and
make everything work for every edge case, but it's more things to chase
down when someone reports a vague "the LCA website doesn't work. #fail"
on twitter.

regards