[Linux-aus] Error with conference web site

Peter Lawler linux-aus at bleeter.id.au
Mon Feb 24 15:48:28 EST 2014

On 24/02/14 15:19, Jonathan Woithe wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 02:36:37PM +1100, Chris Neugebauer wrote:
>> On 24 February 2014 14:17,  <andrew at andrewmcdonnell.net> wrote:
>>> if you browse to
>>>
>>> http://2014.linux.conf.au/programme/schedule/monday
>>
>> Try http://lca2014.linux.org.au/programme/schedule/monday
>
> Sure, that works.  I think the OP's point was that logically one would
> expect 2014.linux.conf.au to point to 2014's conference site, when in fact
> it gives you 2013's site instead.  It's great that there's a workaround, but
> it seems that 2014.linux.conf.au should nevertheless point to LCA2014 as
> well.
>
> jonathan

As I was trying to say in another thread, the (ical) calendar comes from
the conf.au domain, the website is the org.au domain and last time I
tried mentioning the disparity between the two domains and end user
'expectations' I recall getting (what my [admittedly probably faulty]
memory recalls as tantamount to) 'STFU WE KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING CONF.AU
IS OR SHOULD BE GOING AWAY OR SOMETHING ANYWAY WHO ARE YOU TO QUESTION THIS'

I'd cite, but can't be bothered. Easier for me to just unsub again.

P.