[Linux-aus] Nomination for Council Member / Treasurer

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Thu Dec 18 10:06:19 EST 2014

Hi David

On 12/18/2014 08:15 AM, David Williams wrote:
> Yes, that's me!

I find that your failure to disclose your affiliation with a media
organisation that has a long history of hostility towards the
organisation in your nomination statement a bit concerning. I'm sure
you'd understand that those of us who have interactions with various
employees of the publication might take such an oversight like this, as
accidental as it might be, in an unfortunately negative light.

Perhaps it might be worthwhile for the council in 2015 (whoever that
might be) to kick off a discussion on the policy on the relevant list
and/or lists with the intent to require any members standing for council
election to disclose organisational affiliation?

regards