[Linux-aus] Can the PyCon messages be limited to the Python lists?

Tom Eastman tom at eastman.net.nz
Tue Aug 19 09:44:02 EST 2014

On 19/08/14 00:32, Adam Nielsen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I really hate to be the one to grumble but is it possible to keep all
> the PyCon messages contained to the Python lists?
>
> Anyone interested in hearing about Python will have already subscribed
> to those lists, leaving those of us here only having a passing interest.
>
> An announcement about upcoming conferences is fine, but all the
> up-to-the-minute reminders about speakers, accommodation and transport
> is surely only needed by those likely to attend - who will have either
> subscribed to the conference list or will be on one of the many Python
> lists.
>
> Sorry to be so negative but I'm sure I'm not the only one who is a bit
> Pythoned-out of late :-)

Hi Adam,

I think you're probably making a fair point. At least some of the
updates I've been sending have been minutiae that maybe is only of
interested those who have already made the decision to attend.

I included the Linux Australia list on my announcement-email
distribution list because I know our communities have significant overlap.

With your permission, I'd like to keep posting major announcements to
the Linux Australia list, but I'll exercise more discretion about items
that really aren't relevant unless you're definitely already coming.

For example, I might announce an event, but will be careful about
spamming the list with updates *about* that event. I hope that's a
middle ground that means information can still get conveyed without
driving people nuts with spam.

Cheers,

	Tom