[Linux-aus] Grant / sponsorship for discussion - partnership with auDA for Australian Internet Governance Forum

Linux Australia Secretary secretary at linux.org.au
Thu May 23 22:44:51 EST 2013

Hi Linux Australia Community,

As you may have seen from a previous email to this list, Linux Australia
is keen to work with auDA to provide support for the upcoming Australian
Internet Governance Forum. In particular, we're thinking of providing
assistance for delegates from under-represented cohorts to attend the
forum in Melbourne in October. We're now seeking feedback from the Linux
Australia community on this move, and specifically would like to hear
your views on;

- whether this is something you feel Linux Australia should be strongly
supporting
- if so, are we supporting this initiative in the right way?
- if so, which under-represented cohorts should be targeted and what are
some of the selection criteria that should be used to identify delegates
to support?
- any other feedback you may wish to provide

The feedback will then influence the Council's decision around funding
the initiative.

More information on the Australian Internet Governance Forum can be found at
http://www.igf.org.au/

Kind regards,
Kathy

--