[Linux-aus] Accounting on Linux

David Lyon (Hackerpads) david.lyon at hackerpads.com
Sat Jan 26 11:23:46 EST 2013

On 25.01.2013 19:04, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> On 26/01/13 09:47, Paul Parker wrote:
>>> In discussion of the Treasurers Report 2012 was brief mention of
>>> software currently or proposed to be used.
>>>

>>> Have things improved with accounting packages for Linux ?
> NOTE: I'm only referring to packaged solutions that run natively on
> Linux.

There's quite a few, especially at the enterprise level. Such as SAP
and
working down from there.

There's european packages such as Tryton which are for smaller
enterprises.

It's true though, in the Australian marketplace, there is no Linux
competition
for the likes of MYOB. At the 'enterprise' level however, the situation
is
reversed.

David