[Linux-aus] Existing council planning on rerunning?

John Ferlito johnf at inodes.org
Tue Jan 8 11:24:47 EST 2013

Howdy,

I meant to send this email a while ago but I have been caught up with
business trips, the holiday season and moving house.

I won't be accepting any of my nominations for this election.

I've taken on a new role recently and have had less and less time for
council business over the last 6 months.

It has also become clear to me that the vision I had for the
organisation does not resonate with the majority of LA's members.

I think that it is time for some new blood to be injected into the
organisation at the council level. Lots of individuals have expressed
their opinions on how LA should be run over the 3 or so years I have
been on the council and I would love to see those individuals become
more involved in the actual running of the organisation.

Please take the time to get involved, it is the only way things change
or get done.

On Thu, Jan 03, 2013 at 03:59:12PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anyone currently on the council planning on rerunning?
>
> I see unaccepted nominations for:
>   John Ferlito - President, VP, OCM
>   Michael Carden - VP
>   Josh Hesketh - Treasurer
>   James Polley - VP
>   Bianca Gibson - OCM
>   Clinton Roy - VP
>
> I know Clinton would rather go for OCM again than VP; but currently
> lacks two nominations to be a candidate for that position yet...
>
> So far there's just two candidates for Secretary (Julien Goodwin and
> Kathy Reid), and four for OCM (Tim Ansell, Josh Stewart, Chris
> Neugebauer and Kathy Reid). Be nice to have a full slate of candidates
> by the time nominations close in a bit under two weeks...
>
> Cheers,
> aj
>
> --
> Anthony Towns <aj at erisian.com.au>