[Linux-aus] Council Minutes 14 Feb 2013
kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Sat Feb 16 01:14:10 EST 2013
Thanks for your feedback and direction on the last minutes, please find
below minutes of Council meeting 14 Feb 2013.
MINUTES COUNCIL MEETING 14 February 2013
Present: Bianca Gibson, Joshua Hesketh, Francois Marier, Hugh Blemings,
Josh Stewart, Clinton Roy, Kathy Reid (all present, no apologies)
Quorum was achieved
Meeting opened 1950hrs
Minutes of previous meeting moved as correct by Josh Hesketh, seconded
by Bianca, carried unanimously
Action item summary
* ACTION: Kathy to approve pending MemberDB memberships, liaise with
Pieter to make it happen
* ACTION Joshua to follow up with Pia directly to discuss TBL.
* ACTION: Kathy to provide an appropriate response to speaking
* ACTION: Joshua to arrange media training.
* ACTION: Joshua to document travel agency details
* ACTION: Clinton, Hugh, to book flights. Francois is already booked
* ACTION: Kathy and Hugh to get Westpac customer ID numbers
* ACTION: Continue using Trello
* ACTION: Kathy to add Action Item Summary to list
* ACTION: Joshua to add details of LACTTE list moderation on the Wiki
Log of correspondence
Applications for membership
ACTION: Kathy to approve pending MemberDB memberships, liaise with Peter
to make it happen
BarCampMelbourne have applied to be an ongoing subcommittee
Email was received from a community member regarding speaking services.
ACTION: Kathy to provide an appropriate response
Previous action items
Follow up to TBL funding issue.
Face to face organisation
UPDATE: Bianca is currently arranging accommodation, ETA to completion 16/2
Has been set for 2-3 March. Most people can make it.
ACTION: Joshua to arrange media training.
Document travel agency requirements
UPDATE: Action assigned to Joshua
Travel to F2F
Joshua clarified who needed flights to F2F.
ACTION: Clinton, Hugh, to book flights. Francois is already booked.
News article on website introducing new Council
UPDATE: In progress by Kathy
ACTION: Those who haven't provided a bio to please do so to Kathy
DISCUSSION DEFERRED to F2F
Current status of Media Subcommittee
Bianca identified 5 people who volunteered to be involved at
linux.conf.au. Discussions have occurred around charter for the Media
Subcommittee. Regarding Media Training, it was proposed that at least
one person from the Media Subcommittee be present during Media Training.
All in agreement. Bianca has the contact details for Media Subcommitte.
UPDATE: This is a work in progress, will be revisited at F2F.
Current status of BarCampMelbourne Subcommittee
Ben Dechrai has applied for BarCampMelbourne to be an ongoing
Subcommittee rather than having a Subcommittee convening every year.
Different views were expressed, some in support of having a Subcommittee
for only one year, then reconvening, and some in support of ongoing
Subcommittee. Subcommittees are not expired or ended at all.
Motion proposed by Joshua, seconded by Bianca to have BarCampMelbourne
run as a Subcommittee for now.
Carried unanimously except for one abstention
(Kathy as previous BarCampMelbourne organiser)
DECISION: Defer to face to face
Open Hardware conference
Discussions are ongoing in the community around how an Open Hardware
conference will run.
DECISION: Defer to face to face.
LCA2013 and LCA2014 updates to website
ACTION: Kathy to change this
Signatories on bank accounts
Joshua is currently a signatory. All in agreement that we need a third
and possibly a fourth. Suggested that Hugh (VP) and Kathy (Secretary)
also be signatories. Agreed. This needs to be arranged prior to face to
ACTION: Kathy and Hugh to get Westpac account numbers
Review use of Trello
Use of Trello was discussed. Concerns were raised that it is a second
spot to be checking things. Kathy is finding Trello very useful.
Discussion was held around need for a summary of action items.
ACTION: Continue using Trello
ACTION: Kathy to add Action Item Summary to list
LACTTE email list
Everyone has been made a moderator, this is causing some issues.
ACTION: Joshua to add details of LACTTE list moderation on the Wiki
Discussions held in camera
Three minor discussions were held in camera.
Council noted previous community feedback regarding in camera items and
will attempt to make in camera items public in due course taking into
consideration privacy and related confidentiality requirements.
Teleconf for 28th Feb cancelled due to Face to Face
Next meeting, Face to Face Friday 1 March evening until Sunday 3rd March
Meeting closed 2050hrs
@KathyReid on Twitter, Identi.ca, IRC etc
(61) 418 130 636
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the linux-aus