[Linux-aus] Council Meeting 1 February 2013 - Minutes

Kathy Reid kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Tue Feb 5 19:01:03 EST 2013

Hi everyone,

First of all we'd like to echo the sentiments of the community in 
thanking outgoing Council members for their hard work, dedication and 
Thank you also to all candidates who were nominated, and to all who 
voted in the Council Election.

Please find below Minutes from Council Mtg held 1 February 2013.
Your feedback is warmly welcomed,

Kind regards,



Meeting opened approximately 1245hrs

Location: Australian National University, Canberra

Present: Mr Joshua Hesketh, Mr Hugh Blemings, Ms Kathy Reid, Mr François 
Marier, Ms Bianca Gibson, Mr Josh Stewart, Mr Clinton Roy

For clarity, Mr Joshua Hesketh is referred to in minutes as ‘Joshua’ and 
Mr Josh Stewart is referred to as ‘Josh’

Log of Correspondence
A. Council received one item of correspondence and it was discussed in 

1. Joshua welcomed the new Council and congratulated them on being 
elected to Council. The Council introduced themselves to each other. 
Joshua briefed the Council on standard procedures, quorum and 

2. Contact details were sought from each Council member
ACTION: Kathy to update Contact details on the Wiki Council Portal
Action completed 2 Feb 2013
ACTION: Someone to please update Council details on LA website
Action completed 1 Feb 2013

3. The Council discussed where the minutes of meetings were kept.
ACTION: Kathy to generate a template for Minutes
Action completed 2 Feb 2013 - we’ll use this document outline for minutes

4. The Council discussed the best day and time for regular 
teleconference catchup.
ACTION: Kathy to organise a shared calendar and add entries for regular 

5. The Council discussed arrangements for 2013 Ghosts Debrief sessions 
and for 2014 Ghosts briefing session.

6. The Council discussed arrangements for Council Face to Face.
DECISION: Face to face will be held on the weekend of 2nd-3rd March in 
Melbourne, as this represents the least travel.
ACTION: Bianca to identify suitable venues.
ACTION: All to identify travel arrangements / requirements and let 
Joshua know

7. Joshua indicated that LA has arrangements with a travel agency
ACTION: Joshua to document travel agency requirements

8. It was proposed by Clinton that the Council use Trello for actioning 
all the action items and see if it works. All in agreement.
ACTION: Kathy to establish Trello

9. Discussion was held around current state of Media Subcommittee
ACTION: Bianca to chase current state of Media Subcommittee

10. It was noted that the BlueHackers.org BoF was well attended and 
Council discussed having psychological assistance/counselling services 
as a member service that could be made available to all LA members.
DECISION: Defer for further discussion at LA Face to Face

11. It was noted that it is now more than three years since the last 
member survey, and that it would be ideal to run one again.
DECISION: Defer for further discussion at LA Face to Face

12. It was noted that old members had not been expired from MemberDB. 
Discussions subsequent to meeting occurred exploring the need to ensure 
alignment with legal requirements, and for appropriate communication to 
members, and opt-out options.
ACTION: Kathy to find out how to do this and make it so

An additional (2) items were discussed/in camera./


NEXT MEETING: TELECONFERENCE 1945hrs either 13th or 14th FEBRUARY 2013

Kathy Reid
@KathyReid on Twitter/Identi.ca/IRC etc
XMPP: kathyreid at jabber.org.au
0418 130 636

More information about the linux-aus mailing list