[Linux-aus] Grant Inquiry: Open Food Web Foundation

Kirsten Larsen kirsten at eaterprises.com.au
Sun Apr 14 17:57:52 EST 2013

Hello,

Thanks for your response. While I certainly can't guarantee the
organisation won't have challenges, our biggest problem at the moment is
coordinating all the people who want to help rather than a shortage! The
organisation was founded in October last year so we've actually just
survived our first six months :)

We're putting a lot of effort into getting the foundations right as we're
seriously committed to this. You can find some further information on the
Board we have established here (http://openfoodweb.org/foundation/about-us/).
We have also now been accepted as a registered Australian Tax Concession
Charity, which opens up a range of funding options. We are pursuing a
number of other funding options as well (including crowd-funding and
memberships), but are conscious of really needing a clear online community
to direct interested people to and get them involved. Our strategy is
volunteers and professional / paid development to get established and we
are working on all of this.

Thanks again -
Kirsten