[Linux-aus] LCA2014 update update - what can we do to reduce workload?

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Mon Sep 3 13:06:26 EST 2012

On Mon, 2012-09-03 at 11:57 +1000, Chris Neugebauer wrote:
> And to prove how right they've got it, compare the LCA2011 videos to
> the LCA2010 videos. I know which I'd prefer.

Just to let people know, R2 gave us an *extremely* good deal. I wish
we'd given them more money so that we could have had people physically
in each room.

The setup consisted of robotic cameras and one operator (just one)
sitting behind the stage in the main auditorium controlling all of the
rooms.  There was one other camera man in the main auditorium on the
basis of that being the room where the keynotes etc happened.

But given how much it cost us, and meaning that I didn't have to worry
about the video, I'm happy.

Wish the videos had gone up sooner, but if we'd been a real paying
customer then they would have gone up in the priority queue.

I'd happily recommend R2.

Cheers!

--
Andrew Ruthven