[Linux-aus] LCA2014 update update - what can we do to reduce workload?

Chris Neugebauer chrisjrn at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 13:06:20 EST 2012

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Russell Stuart
<russell-linuxaus at stuart.id.au> wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-09-03 at 11:57 +1000, Chris Neugebauer wrote:
>> And to prove how right they've got it, compare the LCA2011 videos to
>> the LCA2010 videos. I know which I'd prefer.
>
> Looking at NextDayVideo's web site and prices, they appear to charge
> $4,000/day, I presume per room.  They would be $100,000 for LCA 2011,
> which we (LCA 2011) couldn't sustain.  As it is Ryan gave his time
> gratis.

PyCon AU has been charged at-cost rates for recording by NDV. This
ended up being $4k for two rooms, over two days.

I can't guarantee that this is something that he'd do for LCA, but I'm
fairly certain you wouldn't get charged the full commercial rates.

--Chris

--
--Christopher Neugebauer

Jabber: chrisjrn at gmail.com -- IRC: chrisjrn on irc.freenode.net --