[Linux-aus] LCA 2011 list archives

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Mon Nov 5 19:19:59 EST 2012

On 11/05/2012 06:06 PM, Russell Coker wrote:
> Can we get the original archives restored?  Also can we have a policy for
> future LCAs that the archives will remain somewhere safe?
the 2009, 2010 and 2012 lists were hosted under a commercial
arrangement, however the 2011 team chose to host and manage the lists
themselves.

If they were on the VM I think they were on, it'll take a little time to
recover them, as we'd need to recover the disk image, extract the
archive html from it, then find a place to put them online, keeping in
mind the followtheflow.org domain name was not renewed, so is no longer
in the control of either the 2011 team, nor the LA sysadmin team.

tl;dr version - the sysadmin team will look into the request and see if
it's possible.

regards