[Linux-aus] LCA 2011 list archives

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Fri Nov 9 17:08:13 EST 2012

On Mon, 5 Nov 2012, Steve Walsh <steve at nerdvana.org.au> wrote:
> On 11/05/2012 06:06 PM, Russell Coker wrote:
> > Can we get the original archives restored?  Also can we have a policy for
> > future LCAs that the archives will remain somewhere safe?
[...]
> If they were on the VM I think they were on, it'll take a little time to
> recover them, as we'd need to recover the disk image, extract the
> archive html from it, then find a place to put them online, keeping in
> mind the followtheflow.org domain name was not renewed, so is no longer
> in the control of either the 2011 team, nor the LA sysadmin team.
>
> tl;dr version - the sysadmin team will look into the request and see if
> it's possible.

Thanks for that, and thanks for all the other work that you and the sysadmin
team do.

To prevent problems in future would it be possible to have all list archives
stored under linux.org.au or linux.conf.au?

Hopefully we could have future LCA discussions with useful information about
giving lectures, coding, and fixing technical problems that are useful as
reference material instead of just noteworthy flamewars.