[Linux-aus] libre aus

John Kristensen jkristen at theintraweb.net
Wed May 2 11:27:57 EST 2012

On 01/05/12 23:38, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Sarah Stokely<sarah at foxforcefive.com>  wrote:
>> I like Tech Liberty Australia (and then we could be a TLA!) :)
>>
>> (I think someone my have suggested Technology Liberty or something like that
>> earlier in the discussion).
>>
>> My reservations about libre remain. Keep it simple, keep it in English!
>> Liberty you don't *have* to explain.
>>
>> Tech Liberty NZ already exists and is kicking goals.
>
> .. with the subtitle "Defending civil liberties in the digital age" .
> That's a very political statement - I don't think LA is quite that
> political and more service- and education-oriented. Also, we'd like to
> include NZ - that's not quite possible if the same name is used in NZ
> by a different org. Nice idea though!
>
> Silvia.

How about a slight twist and have the Society of Liberating Technologies[1].

It doesn't sound quite as political, the "society" covers the grouping
together of similar ideas/subcommittees, "liberating" is what is trying
to be achieved, and "technologies" is the method being used to achieve
the aim.

SeeYa,
John.

[1] you can insert Austral(ia|asia) before or after if required