[Linux-aus] libre aus

Janet Hawtin lucychili at gmail.com
Wed May 2 11:50:41 EST 2012

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 8:22 PM, Sarah Stokely <sarah at foxforcefive.com> wrote:
> I like Tech Liberty Australia (and then we could be a TLA!) :)
>
> (I think someone my have suggested Technology Liberty or something like that
> earlier in the discussion).
>
> My reservations about libre remain. Keep it simple, keep it in English!
> Liberty you don't *have* to explain.
>
> Tech Liberty NZ already exists and is kicking goals. I hope they might be
> amenable to some kind of partnership/federation/whatever groups do when they
> join forces. Some of the TLNZ folks may be floating around on this list? :)

Is this not great news?
There is an existing peer organisation with the right kind of scope in NZ.
It might be good to be the sister organisation for Australia?
We are then building on an existing brand, collaborating to make it
stronger with our neighbours?
In terms of scope LA folks have done Australian legal and govt advocacy
but not so much that broader scope in NZ? LA events have been in NZ.
Perhaps TLA could partner with TLNZ to continue to do events in NZ?
It seems like a good idea to have a name which matches a successful
group doing the right things in NZ.

janet