[Linux-aus] libre aus

Silvia Pfeiffer silvia at silvia-pfeiffer.de
Tue May 1 23:38:02 EST 2012

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Sarah Stokely <sarah at foxforcefive.com> wrote:
> I like Tech Liberty Australia (and then we could be a TLA!) :)
>
> (I think someone my have suggested Technology Liberty or something like that
> earlier in the discussion).
>
> My reservations about libre remain. Keep it simple, keep it in English!
> Liberty you don't *have* to explain.
>
> Tech Liberty NZ already exists and is kicking goals.

.. with the subtitle "Defending civil liberties in the digital age" .
That's a very political statement - I don't think LA is quite that
political and more service- and education-oriented. Also, we'd like to
include NZ - that's not quite possible if the same name is used in NZ
by a different org. Nice idea though!

Silvia.