[Linux-aus] LA Name Change - the process

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Sat Jul 21 13:15:08 EST 2012

Of course, I could just take the other extreme and say that LCA's always accepted papers tangentially (at best) related to Linux, mini-confs as well and that your question is too restrictive.

When did Linux Australia do -any- advocacy?

I honestly can't remember.

And no, running a conference is NOT advocacy (whatever you might think it is); it's running a conference and that's hard work.

By the way, you are being offensive and dismissive.

You (Anestis) said:

> Yup, exactly.  It seems some people can't understand a simple premise
> - that Linux Australia needs to change their name.

No it doesn't. It's not simple. It's not even a premise even more. And it's arguably not necessary.

I thought that it's blatantly obvious that it's not simple, the premises have been and are being challenged and the need for the name change is even questioned by the very FACT that the current committee has put an option to NOT CHANGE it.

Do I really have to point out the obvious? Surely if the name change HAD TO HAPPEN there'd be no option for it NOT TO HAPPEN?

Did I fail a logic course somewhere? I think others have.

DSL