[Linux-aus] LA Name Change - the process

Anestis Kozakis kenosti at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 12:08:49 EST 2012

On 20 July 2012 21:31, David Lloyd <lloy0076 at adam.com.au> wrote:

> If it were simple we wouldn't have this argument. You're being offensive and dismissive.

So, instead of actually providing an answer to my question you instead
claim I am being offensive and dismissive.  And yet, I have not called
anyone names, just stated things as I see them, which other people in
this discussion have done.

So why attack me for my stating my opinions?

So, again, here is my question.

>> Apart from Linux.conf, when was the last time Linux Australia did any
>> Linux advocacy?  When was the last time we saw a link to an article or
>> news item that had a quote form someone representing Linux Australia
>> regarding the promotion/use of Linux?

It has been stated that if the name change occurs, Linux Australia
will become available for anyone or a group that wants to do Linux
advocacy under the new organisation's name.

No one will be holding onto, stealing, or squatting the Linux
Australia name.  There is no conspiracy theory.  There is no hidden
agenda.  Everything has been laid out in the open.  Nothing is being
done in secret.

As to resources and assets, that can be discussed after the vote.

Anestis.

Anestis Kozakis | kenosti at gmail.com