[Linux-aus] LA Name Change - the process

Gary Allpike gary at allpikes.com.au
Fri Jul 20 10:04:01 EST 2012

Hi,

What I think is really happening is that Linux Australia is set to become a
subcommittee of another organisation that is going to be handed all the
assets of Linux Australia on a platter.

I still think there has been no valid/strong argument for the name change. I
think the arguments being put forward are specious at best.

If it is a problem explaining to potential sponsors, then put together a
document that explains the relationship with Linux Australia and include
that in the sponsorship kit.

I am not going to bore you with details, but a quick investigation shows
that many of the conferences held each year in Australia require cheques
made out to a name other than the actual name of the conference itself.

It appears to me there is another agenda here, but no one will actually come
out and say what it is.

Regards,

Gary