[Linux-aus] Grant request: meeting recording system for CLUG

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Feb 17 14:33:11 EST 2012

On Tue, 2012-02-14 at 18:46 +1100, Paul Wayper wrote:
> Greetings people,
>
> I would like to request a grant from Linux Australia for equipment for
> recording CLUG meetings.  This would comprise of a set of equipment similar to
> that used to record LCA meetings and would be used at both CLUG monthly
> meetings and PSIG meetings (speakers and their wishes permitting).  Steve
> Walsh has provided this list of equipment with prices from local music stores
> or online:

I think this is a good idea.  I realise there are a number of views
regarding the preferred approach for doing AV at these events, and I did
watch the video about LCA videos.

I think there is nothing more instructive than learning by doing, and if
a small amount of capital allows a key member of the LCA 2013 team to do
exactly that while recording CLUG meetings, then it is money well spent.
The answer may well be that one of the many other voices heard here is
correct, but Paul will understand very well exactly how they are correct
- and I'm sure the equipment will not go to waste.

Andrew Bartlett