[Linux-aus] LCA2014 update

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 22:21:52 EST 2012

So apropos of nothing, I recall walking down the campus of UTAS in Hobart a
few years ago, seeking lunch during LCA. I was chatting with Mikal Still
and he floated the idea that Canberra's time was coming up and he was
energised about getting a team together. Caught up in the buzz of LCA, I
was keen.

Now it's 2012. I'm on the LA council and on the 2013 team.

I am taking my FOSS values to a much bigger audience than I could in my day
job.

There will be haters and there will be bike-shedders. Best of luck to them.
Meanwhile, I plan to enjoy making this great conference real

And by the way, I cannot reveal any of the program yet, but OMFG we have
the MOST AMAZING conf ever coming together.

The 2013 team is working every day on next year's conf. We are all
passionate enough to do that.

--
MC