[Linux-aus] LCA2014 update

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Tue Aug 28 22:01:23 EST 2012

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 09:47:36PM +1000, Michael Still wrote:
> What we don't have a lot of are people willing to put themselves out
> there and be criticised by sponsors, the media, and most hurtfully, the
> community that claims to want LCA for 18 months. I find that pretty
> unsurprising to be honest. I know each person who criticises means well,
> but frankly when its the 4 millionth bike shedding, it gets a bit old.
> You know, if you don't like the session timing for miniconfs, or the
> colour or cut of a tshirt, or the number or size of snacks, it wont kill
> you to just keep that to yourself.
>
> Perhaps if the community could try a little harder to be supportive and
> thoughtful towards organisers, we'd end up with more people willing to
> put themselves out there.

I totally agree with Michael here.

Also the best way to say you do not agree with the way a previous conference
was done is to step up and organise a bunch of people to run the next one.

You have ideas of how LCA can be done better. Instead of whining about it,
organise the next LCA. That is the one and only way to ensure LCA is the
conference you absolutely want it to be [0]

	See You
	    Steve

[0] with the small detracting point that you may not get to exerience the
conference in the traditional way [1]
[1] the experience could actually be a lot better.

--
Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary
if you should happen to see my light, you can stop and ring my bell