[Linux-aus] Should Linux Australia change its name

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Thu Apr 26 19:52:13 EST 2012

On Thu, 2012-04-26 at 12:20 +1000, Chris Neugebauer wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 11:46, Noel Butler <noel.butler at ausics.net> wrote:
> >
> > So, you think that sponsors are NOT going to expect you explain who  <insert
> > some open source generalised name> organisation is?  You're kidding
> > yourself, come back,  reality needs you.
>
> I don't expect that at all.  What I do expect is that I wouldn't have
> to explain that "The money is not going to Linux".  Obviously, I
> understand the difference between due diligence, and dealing with
> unfounded confusion.

Then, as the risk of repeating myself, yet again, the only option you
have if you don't want to explain that, is to become your own legal
entity, because I can see you answering  "other" questions if not about
linux, about other things... and seriously
 how much effort is to explain it isn't going towards linux anyway? Far
far LESS I imagine than the 20 plus posts you have made arguing for a
name change I'm sure in this thread, especially when all you're doing is
saying the same thing, just worded differently each time.