[Linux-aus] Should Linux Australia change its name?

Tim Ansell mithro at mithis.com
Mon Apr 23 14:37:24 EST 2012

As much as I think the name Linux Australia is a mis-nomer, it's more Open
Source/Software Libre Australia I don't think the effort is worth the gain.

I have the following points;

   - I'd much prefer the LA committee is out doing awesome things rather
   then worrying about things like names.
   - (And to contradict the above) Linux Australia has good brand
   recognition, logo and similar, abandoning that seems like a bad idea.
   - Linux is a huge part of the Open Source community.
   - Nobody is going to be happy with the new name.

I'll probably regret replying to this as it'll all end up in my inbox now :/

Tim