[Linux-aus] hardware

john_cullen john_cullen at purencool.com
Wed Sep 14 09:22:42 EST 2011

Hi linux lovers

I am sorry if this questions is in the wrong forum. But someone will
have to know. I am set-up an Ubuntu network for an organisation. In
affect these networks will be mini kiosks that have a server off site
that will deploy updates and the kiosk is going to have an internal web
application based  inside the kiosk and the data will be sent back to
head office server via the net.

What I need is a hardware provider that can have Ubuntu OS pre-installed
so that all I have to do is configure them into the network. I don't
need hardware with windows licensing  attached the box.
We are based in  Melbourne and the amount of machines will be purely
dictated by the amount of
kiosks that get placed into industry.  Each kiosk will have a least of
four machines.

The specks on the machines are
Two thin clients that have the ability to have an rf bar code reader
attached
On Machine that can act as an server and be an pos machine (It will have
the til and credit card details)
All hardware must have the ability to use a touch screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry again if this is in the
wrong forum.

--
<b>purencool</b>
t:  @purencool