[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Code of Conduct - revised draft

Chris Neugebauer chrisjrn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 15:17:59 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 14:32, Russell Stuart
<russell-linuxaus at stuart.id.au> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-11-30 at 12:05 +1000, Russell Stuart wrote:
>> It is one thing for LA to set standards for events it runs.  But that is
>> not what is happening here.
>
> It's just been pointed out to me I may be barking up the wrong tree
> entirely here.
>
> What sort of events will this apply to?  Does it apply say something
> like PyCon?  Or is to only events LA could be considered to own, like
> LCA and meetings sub-organisations like SLUG?  If so, are there any
> others apart from LCA and the LUGS?

As I understand it, the expectation is that it is run for all *events*
underwritten by LA (i.e. organised by an LA subcommittee).

This would include at least:

- LCA
- SLUG events
- PyCon Australia
- Drupal Down Under

I (wearing my PyCon AU organisers hat) believe that it's perfectly
acceptable for LA to impose a set of values/requirements upon events
that it runs; but I also believe that the wording/intent of a code
that reflects this must be completely appropriate before it happens.

--
--Christopher Neugebauer

Jabber: chrisjrn at gmail.com -- IRC: chrisjrn on irc.freenode.net --
AIM: chrisjrn157 -- MSN: chris at neugebauer.id.au -- WWW: