[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Code of Conduct - revised draft

Arjen Lentz arjen at lentz.com.au
Wed Nov 30 15:57:46 EST 2011

Hi Chris, all

> As I understand it, the expectation is that it is run for all *events*
> underwritten by LA (i.e. organised by an LA subcommittee).
>
> This would include at least:
>
> - LCA
> - SLUG events
> - PyCon Australia
> - Drupal Down Under
>
> I (wearing my PyCon AU organisers hat) believe that it's perfectly
> acceptable for LA to impose a set of values/requirements upon events
> that it runs; but I also believe that the wording/intent of a code
> that reflects this must be completely appropriate before it happens.

I think that'd be awesomely good.
And it'd be great if we can use the same for OSDClub groups/events (speaking with my VP OSDClub hat on here), then we get a neat single consistent image of what we stand for and what people can expect.

It'd be very cool if LUGs and other groups were to sign up for the same - in case of groups that have an umbrella (such as PHP melbourne falling under OSDClub), I think that too can be made a requirement. LUGs will want to make use of that strong unified message for their "brand".

Cheers,
Arjen.
--
Exec.Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com) MySQL services