[Linux-aus] Specification for OTDR file format Telcordia SR-4731 (issue 2) for .SOR files

Kevin Maciunas kevin at cs.adelaide.edu.au
Fri Nov 11 14:34:09 EST 2011

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 11:44:20 +1030
Glen Turner <gdt at gdt.id.au> wrote:

> I would very much like to correct the lack of free software support
> for OTDR traces, but the cost of a license is a bit of a showstopper
> for a personal project.
>
> If you know of a copy of the specification then please let me know.
>
> Suggestions as to a way forward are welcomed. I haven't written to
> Telcordia/Ericsson asking for a $0 copy, as that may be more welcome
> coming from the Linux Australia group. Or perhaps not. Guidance is
> appreciated.

This might be something we could point our Master of SE students at
Glen.  I've not checked the license details, but we might be able to
stump up for the copy - assuming you'd be willing to meet with the
students :-)

Let me know.

/Kevin

Kevin J. Maciunas              Net: kevin at cs.adelaide.edu.au
Dept. of Computer Science      Ph : +61 8 8303 5845
University of Adelaide         Fax: +61 8 8303 4366
Adelaide 5005 SOUTH AUSTRALIA  Web: http://www.cs.adelaide.edu.au/~kevin
Fingerprint = 7E5A A0C2 22BC 5993 17F2 93CE B1FD DEC6 D0C0 50CD