[Linux-aus] Council Meeting Minutes 2011-11-10

Peter Lieverdink me at cafuego.net
Sun Nov 13 13:00:01 EST 2011

These minutes are also available at http://linux.org.au/meeting/2011-11-10

Thu, 2011-11-10 20:04 - 20:40

Present: Michael Carden, Joshua Hesketh, Josh Stewart, Peter Lieverdink, John Ferlito, James Polley.
Apologies: Alice Boxhall, Kelly Yeoh.

Agenda

LCA 2012 update
An LA representative needs to contact SecurePay and demand that AMEX payments are enabled.

Community Awards
The Rusty Wrench has been found! Council will accept nominations via website. Will send a shortlist to previous recipients, who choose a winner.

Election
Must remember to announce election before it opens.

LCA 2013 update
LCA2013 team have access to the LCA2013 account.

Budget progress for new financial year (provisionally starting 1 October)
Draft is at http://wiki.linux.org.au/Budget2012
Provisionally, we've run slightly over the past budget because we purchased new hardware.

Drupal Down Under 2012
Tracking well. CFP will close 14 Nov.

The Ada Initiative/Adacamp grant request
Motion: Tentatively approve a $1000 grant. Unless someone speaks up on the list and objects, in which case we'll re-visit this vote, approve the grant request when the 7 week waiting period passes on November 15.
Proposed: John
Seconded: Peter
Motion was carried unanimously.

Treasurer's report
Need to kick off audit of the next report.

Moving to Mediawiki
MediaWiki now on main URL. Old wiki at http://oldwiki.linux.org.au

Code of Conduct
Need to accept the change on the google doc and publish.

Update on new server hardware
New hardware has been ordered.

Secure Boot seems to have quietened down. Pursue?
Publish a statement on where LA stands on EFI SecureBoot. Agreeing with the whitepapers (RedHat & Canonical & Linux Foundation)