[Linux-aus] BarCamp Geelong - 9th July - formal request for grant $500

Stewart Smith stewart at flamingspork.com
Mon Jun 6 10:55:51 EST 2011

On Tue, 31 May 2011 20:18:47 +1000, BarCampGeelong <info at barcampgeelong.org> wrote:
Non-text part: multipart/mixed
> Deakin Uni is likely to waive event hire fees (around $750 worth), so
> the main cost of the day will be in catering. We're aiming to keep
> things simple - but even sandwiches for around 80 people soon adds up. I
> intend to charge a $10 registration fee, but more to ensure people don't
> register then not turn up. Depending on sponsorship, we may reimburse
> registration fees (unlikely at this stage). Wireless is being provided
> by Deakin IT (my boss Craig Warren has been a brilliant support for the
> whole thing!)

One thing I always wonder about is why catering becomes an issue beyond
water. Are there no places nearby that do lunch/coffee? Personally, I
always find it *really* good to get out of the venue for a period of
time at conferences. It also substantially reduces costs and
organisation required when you don't cater.

--
Stewart Smith