[Linux-aus] linux.conf.au and Brisbane flooding

Andrew Cowie andrew at operationaldynamics.com
Wed Jan 12 22:07:54 EST 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 11:24 +0100, John Ferlito wrote:
> A final go or no go decision will be made on Monday the 17th.

From the years I spent on the Linux Australia board, I recall one tenant
that we held very closely: one of the privileges that the surplus
collected by succession of conferences afforded us was our view of the
purpose of the resultant capital reserve:

        "we could sustain one entire conference going completely amiss,
        and still be able to seed the conference in the year to follow."

I do recall it seemed a far fetched notion at the time. :/

Our thoughts are with all affected these past weeks and tonight; if
cancelling the conference is the decision then I cannot imagine anything
but support from the entire community.

If people inbound, especially international visitors, are redirected to
other [presumably capital cities with the] airports on their
itineraries, the perhaps we should start thinking about co-ordinating
some ad-hoc alternative events around the country to at least make them
feel welcome if they don't quite make it to BNE.


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://lists.linux.org.au/pipermail/linux-aus/attachments/20110112/32ec0fe9/attachment-0001.pgp 

More information about the linux-aus mailing list