[Linux-aus] The Ada Initiative - Should Linux Australia support it?

david at davidnewall.com david at davidnewall.com
Sat Feb 26 12:30:27 EST 2011

Silvia Pfeiffer:
> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 4:05 PM,   <david at davidnewall.com> wrote:
> > Correct. A person's sex is immaterial.
>

> If it was, we'd have roughly 50:50 participation.

Your logic is letting you down.  More women remove themselves from the work-force than men so the natural ratio is not 1:1.

> Obviously we don't,
> therefore the question is: why not. Your implication was: theyr are not
> interested

I suggested, not to state fact but to seek it.

> Your other argument was: we don't want to attract
> unqualified people into the profession

Again, this is utter claptrap.  I said that we don't want to attract people who have no talent for the job, particularly those who's only motive is money.

Do you actually think about what people say, or are you only seeking mutual admiration?