[Linux-aus] Proposal: *voluntary* paid membership

Mark Walkom markwalkom at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 12:08:57 EST 2011

Could there be a more of an incentive to become a paying member? I know
there are a few people that are willing to put some money in anyway, but
some added incentives could increase that income which in turn give LA more
resources.

What about a partnership with SAGE-AU (disclaimer - I'm a member) or
similar, perhaps hit them up and see if there is something that can be
sorted out where (for eg) 20% of the $100 yearly fee is passed to them in
return for access to their partner discounts/mailing lists/other? I don't
know if that is feasible but there would be a bit more work initially
involved I'd imagine.

One thing to note, (most) professional organisation membership fees are tax
deductible as well, so if there is value, then $100 is not that much to pay.