[Linux-aus] [LACTTE] Brendan's research grant?

James Purser james at jamespurser.com.au
Sat Mar 6 14:46:50 EST 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 18:51 -0800, James Turnbull wrote:

> I am the US currently

Big call but I'll take your word for it :)

>  and received an email from Sam - who had read
> Brendan's blog post announcing we had accepted his proposal - asking
> for my comment. I replied assuming it had become public knowledge.

To be honest this sounds like a minor break down in communications. Not
a big deal.

If it had been an announcement declaring the Linux Australia was going
to be switching to .NET and windows 2008 for hosting infra, then I can
understand the angst.

May I suggest a minor change to the way that Grant requests are
announced, that the recipient of the Grant be required to hold off on
any blog posting and such until LA makes the announcement? It both stops
issues like this and allows for a smoother flow of PR stuffs.
--
James Purser <james at jamespurser.com.au>