[Linux-aus] Brendan's research grant?

Arjen Lentz arjen at lentz.com.au
Fri Mar 5 18:25:02 EST 2010

Hi all

----- "James Polley" <linuxaus at zhasper.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Melissa Draper <melissa at meldraweb.com>
> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Even if it the source wasn't Sam, asking if his claims are true would
> be more polite, and more productive, than just randomly flinging mud
> based on unsubstantiated claims.

We can all remember this is email not in-person, and keep in mind that noone intends to offend or otherwise harm anyone else (why would they bother) - so can we please get back to the content and basically just ignore whatever form the in itself valid question was asked in?

Because very bluntly, chastising over email/mail is not going to do any more good than original misphrased emails are. It's still impersonal email. Meta-discussions over email creates problems, it does not solve any.

So please see the above as a means to getting away/past the meta foo, not intended to address anyone in particular as that's not the point, we're all adults here.

I remember Brendan's grant requests whizzing past quite a few months ago, and they looked really interesting and relevant.

Cheers,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Exec.Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Exceptional Services for MySQL at a fixed budget.

Follow our blog at http://openquery.com/blog/
OurDelta: packages for MySQL and MariaDB @ http://ourdelta.org