[Linux-aus] Brendan's research grant?

James Polley linuxaus at zhasper.com
Fri Mar 5 17:37:39 EST 2010

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Melissa Draper <melissa at meldraweb.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Is it possible to know why we are finding out via Sam Varghese [0]
> (rather than transparently via Linux Australia's communication channels)
> that the decision to fund Brendan's research is not still being
> discussed, as we were notified 2 days ago[1], but has actually been
> granted?

Your mistake here was to assume that anything Sam says has
relationship to the truth that is more than coincidental.

Perhaps you should start by asking if Sam's claims are true, rather
than assuming they are?

Even if it the source wasn't Sam, asking if his claims are true would
be more polite, and more productive, than just randomly flinging mud
based on unsubstantiated claims.