[Linux-aus] Brendan's research grant?

Melissa Draper melissa at meldraweb.com
Fri Mar 5 16:23:32 EST 2010

Greetings,

Is it possible to know why we are finding out via Sam Varghese [0]
(rather than transparently via Linux Australia's communication channels)
that the decision to fund Brendan's research is not still being
discussed, as we were notified 2 days ago[1], but has actually been
granted?

I'm aware of the concept of embargo and all, but I really cannot see why
this is something that someone like Sam (who proclaims to be outside the
community) deserves to know before we (the actual community members) do.

[0]
http://www.itwire.com/it-industry-news/development/37379-linux-australia-to-fund-research-into-licence-compliance
[1]
http://lists.linux.org.au/pipermail/linux-aus/2010-March/017985.html