[Linux-aus] Notes for Council Meeting 2010/02/17

John Ferlito johnf at inodes.org
Wed Feb 17 22:46:00 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 10:31:25PM +1100, Joshua Hesketh wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 20:54 +1100, Peter Lieverdink wrote:
> >           * John has pulled together some drafts
> > http://wiki.linux.org.au/Ctte/ExpensesPolicy
>
> Hi all,
>
> Just noticed a typo (yes, I realise this is still a draft).. The meals
> under LCA Paper Review says "for all ghosts attendees". I'm assuming
> that was copied from the above item and should be for all paper F2F
> attendees.

Thanks. There was some cutting and pasting :)

> Also wondering if zookeepr's hackfest should have some guild-lines. Is
> this typically sponsored by Linux Australia or LCA?
That is a good question. I think in the past it has been LCA. I'll add
some guidelines in anyway.

> Although probably a bit more of a topic for the LCA team, but perhaps
> basic guild-lines on attending the conference would be appropriate. For
> example, does the LA council get to go for free, LCA team, papers,
> ghosts, volunteers, zookeeprs, etc.

So that is usually up to each team and comes down to their budget for
the event. However, it might be an idea for each team to have what
they have decided on documented somewhere as it always seems to come
up.

Cheers,
John

--