[Linux-aus] Notes for Council Meeting 2010/02/17

Joshua Hesketh josh at nitrotech.org
Wed Feb 17 23:09:01 EST 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 22:46 +1100, John Ferlito wrote:
<snip>
> > Also wondering if zookeepr's hackfest should have some guild-lines.
> Is
> > this typically sponsored by Linux Australia or LCA?
> That is a good question. I think in the past it has been LCA. I'll add
> some guidelines in anyway.
</snip>

I may be wrong but I think LA paid it for 2009 (although the money may
have just come from there and the budget may have been in LCA's). I
think 2010's was out of their LCA budget though.

Zookeepr is technically a Linux Australia Team that is there to consult
and help the current LCA team. As such I would see it being a Linux
Australia expense. This is partly as I would like to see more
conferences start to use the software (OSDC, guadec, drupalcon etc)
wherein more developers come to the hackfests (either sponsored by LA as
they would in turn benefit or by the conferences themselves or associate
organisations such as the Gnome Foundation or the Linux Foundation).

Cheers,
Josh