No subject

Wed Oct 21 16:45:45 EST 2009

can come from all backgrounds. When it comes to advocacy, we've mainly
focused on technical (computer fairs, etc.), business (CeBIT, etc.)
and educational (Education Expo, etc.) users. This kind of outreach
outside our borders into related communities has been invaluable.

In that vein, I think the Ubuntu Massachusetts Local Community Team
might be onto something by targeting anime fans:

http://entertainment.slashdot.org/story/09/11/25/0124246/Ubuntu-Reaching-Out-To-16000-Anime-Lovers

A lot of us are (closet) anime fans. There's a good chance that
there's a lot of others out there like us too.

I suggest that we get a stand at an anime/sci-fi/pop-culture
convention like Supanova or Animania. We've missed it for this year,
but we have at least half a year to plan for the next one.

Is anybody interested in taking this on?

--
Bring choice back to your computer.
http://www.linux.org.au/linux