[Linux-aus] [LACTTE] AuDA conf.au domain submission

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Mon Oct 26 09:37:13 EST 2009

James Turnbull wrote:
> Can I ask for a third time then:

Certainly James. Apologies for taking so long to address your concerns
directly. Unfortunately, life got in the way of my Linux Australia
duties, something I'm sure you're very familiar with as a previous
member of the LA council. However I'm back on deck and will endeavor to
address this and your other email concerns over the course of the next 2
days.
> 1.  Is the Council going to circulate the submission for comment?

Yes. As linux.conf.au is a marjor part of the Linux Australia's income
stream, and the use of the domain evokes such a strong reaction from all
parts of the community, the council strongly believes that not to do so
would be a serious dereliction of our duties to the Organisation, and
both the Australian and International communities. So. Yes. The
application will be forwarded to the community for comment, but as this
issue draws a large amount of passion from the whole community, limited
feedback will be sought in an effort to keep the submission both on
track and on target.

> 2.  Does the Council want any help with the submission?

At this point we are using the templates from the last time this was
requested by AUDA in 2002 (http://www.auda.org.au/nnap/nnap-index/),
however if we find ourselves needing any assistance, your name is
certainly at the top of our list to assist with this.