[Linux-aus] Things not to post to planet linux australia

Paul Shirren shirro at shirro.com
Thu Mar 26 17:18:33 EST 2009

Russell Stuart wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-03-26 at 15:57 +1030, Paul Shirren wrote:
>>> Because it is simply not possibly to comply with the law as it is
>>> written.
>> Move the hosting overseas. Problem solved.
>
> Yes, that would solve it.  Definitely, leaving the country would solve
> it.
>
> The problem is I view laws that make it difficult to Linux Australia to
> host itself in this country as a bit of a problem, and would like to
> discuss it.

It depends how you look at it.

By the trivial action of moving the planet hosting offshore you show
that these laws are easily circumvented. You don't risk being fined. You
don't have to censor your members.

You show that bad government policy has potential negative impacts such
as sending money and jobs overseas but is also trivially circumvented
and ineffectual.