[Linux-aus] Things not to post to planet linux australia

Russell Stuart russell-linuxaus at stuart.id.au
Thu Mar 26 16:59:48 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-26 at 15:57 +1030, Paul Shirren wrote:
> > Because it is simply not possibly to comply with the law as it is
> > written.
>
> Move the hosting overseas. Problem solved.

Yes, that would solve it.  Definitely, leaving the country would solve
it.

The problem is I view laws that make it difficult to Linux Australia to
host itself in this country as a bit of a problem, and would like to
discuss it.  Others view that discussion as a too risky to have right
now.

So what do you think the solution is?

(a) Bugger it.  Lets just talk about it openly and comply with any link
deletion notices.

(b) Cease talking about it now, move LA's hosting outside of Australia
and then resume?

(c) Ssssh - don't say a word.  We might get into trouble!