[Linux-aus] Microsoft ad campaign

flame aphplix at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 11:38:01 EST 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 5:02 AM, Robert
Brockway<robert at timetraveller.org> wrote:
> Anyone seen this?
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/australia/ie8/competition/
>
> Isn't that a little anti-competitive? :)

Aside from any anti-competitive issues, this is a Trade Promotion
Lottery, but I don't see any permit numbers listed in their terms and
conditions. Also I'm not up to date on the legislation but I was under
the impression that some states do not allow competitions such as
this where a purchase is required to enter? They may be giving away
IE8, but you still have to buy Windows.

If you are interested in making inquiries into the legality of this
competition with the relevant state authorities you could try the
following email addresses:

treasuryweb at saugov.sa.gov.au
gamblingpolicy at saugov.sa.gov.au
rgl at rgl.wa.gov.au
licensingcommission at nt.gov.au
complianceandinvestigations at act.gov.au
lotteries at act.gov.au
grc at act.gov.au
gaming at treasury.tas.gov.au
compliance at treasury.qld.gov.au
info at olgr.qld.gov.au
lottery.inquiries at olgr.nsw.gov.au

I couldn't find an email address for Victoria as
the www.vcgr.vic.gov.au website seems to be
offline at the moment.

--
Flame