[Linux-aus] Microsoft ad campaign

Glen Turner gdt at gdt.id.au
Sun Jun 21 16:07:37 EST 2009

On 19/06/09 22:00, Jon 'maddog' Hall wrote:
> I think a bit of good engineering could find out what "extensions" to
> web standards have been applied, and that a "competing browser" could
> win the prize.

Hi Maddog,

I was thinking that what you'd call "engineering" they'd call
"tampering":

    15. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity
        of entries and to disqualify any entrant who the Promoter
        believes either has tampered with the entry process or
        has submitted an entry that is not in accordance with
        these Conditions.

But even that would make a fine point should someone use a non-IE8
browser to 'win'.

Best wishes, Glen

--
  Glen Turner