[Linux-aus] Why Didn't You Vote?

Andy White andy at lgsolutions.com.au
Wed Jan 28 13:06:02 EST 2009

You'd know a state representative? I for one don't often engage with
the Linux community locally (for a variety of reasons, including lack
of time and inclination) and tend to participate in communities online
much more frequently.

Your implication seems to be (and I apologise if I'm putting words in
your mouth) that if you've met someone physically, you "know" them in
a way you can't if you only know them "virtually". I disagree with
this notion.
Most of the candidates have fairly active online lives - with a bit of
research, I've no doubt that you could discover who they are and what
they stand for.

As for LA WA being disconnected from the eastern states - I thought
that went for just about anything in WA? You guys should just secede
and become your own nation already. :P

Andy White
e: andy at lgsolutions.com.au
m: +61 411246100

PS. Oops, helps to send it to the LA list, not directly back to Bret.
Sorry Bret for the double-up here.