[Linux-aus] [Osia-discuss] I'm going to Flame & Dexs Housewarming Party and I'm bringing...

flame aphplix at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 13:27:11 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Steven D'Aprano
<steve at cybersource.com.au> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 11:08:52 am flame wrote:
>> Dex and I have recently moved to Glen Waverley in Melbourne's
>> semi-outer eastern suburbs so we figured we would throw a little
>> house warming party on Friday 27th of February 2009 at exactly
>> 7:53pm and subject you all to our hospitality (if you are foolish
>> enough to come along).
>
> I take it that if we answer "I have no idea" to the question "Who the
> hell are Flame and Dex, and why are they posting off-topic personal
> party invitations to mailing lists?", we're not invited?

No, the invitation is open to you even if you have no idea who the hell
we are. We would like to meet and get to know more of the local
FOSS & Linux community. I should however have included an
introduction for anyone who doesn't know us.

Flame is an open source geek, software developer & project manager.
He has presented talks at OSDC & Linux.conf.au, and is a
past-President of Brisbane PHP UG. He is co-founder of the
GeekMyRide project (http://www.geekmyride.org) & co-producer of
the upcoming GMR television series. Flame's crappy blog can be
found at http://cyko-circus.blogspot.com/

Dex is a computer science student at Monash University. Although
she is only just starting her career in IT she has already worked on
several commercial & open source software development projects
and has co-authored & presented a talk at OSDC.

We donated the "GEEK" licence plates off of our car to help raise
$40,000 at LCA 2009 to save the Tasmanian Devils. We are also
responsible for the Geek Toys Giveaways at LCA & OSDC where
we recycle geek toys and hardware by giving them away to people
who can do something useful with them.

There are some photos of us from LCA 2009 at
http://www.gnubies.com/shave_of_the_century/subalbum_1_slideshow.html
Dex is the first photo and we are both in the second photo.

> As amusing as your email was, it's off-topic and inappropriate to
> osia-discuss. Please take it elsewhere.

My apologies, however I believe that there are some people on the
list who do know who we are, but don't know us well enough for us
to have exchanged email addresses. We wanted to make sure and
invite them along as well, especially considering that the majority of
the people we have invited will be FOSS & Linux geeks.

--
Flame