[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Council minutes for 20090212

Leah Duncan secretary at linux.org.au
Tue Feb 17 21:23:17 EST 2009

Apologies for the delay again, been AFK for a few days...

Attached are the minutes from last week's council meeting for 05/02/12.
Minutes can also be found online at


Leah Duncan
Secretary, Linux Australia.

= Council meeting =
  * Time 8:05 pm, Thursday, 2009/02/12
  * Where: Linux Australia teleconference, and #LACTTE IRC channel
  * Attendees: Steve Walsh, Melissa Draper, Sridhar Dhanapalan, Stewart 
Smith, Leah Duncan
== Notes ==
  * Accept the minutes of last meeting...
  * {*} Follow up on wiki updates - AJ.
  . Already using system to store invoices.  Discussion of automatic 
ticket creation to token holders. User acceptance testing move underway, 
will be moved to la hardware after tested.

  * {*} Grants:
   . 3a. BarCamp Adelaide - general funding for venue, merch, catering

   . http://lists.linux.org.au/private/committee/2009-January/015622.html
   . 3b. Christian Ramilo - approx $1980
   . http://lists.linux.org.au/private/committee/2009-January/015659.html
   . 3c. StixCamp Newstead - approx $500 - 600
   . http://lists.linux.org.au/private/committee/2009-January/015681.html
  . Template to be sent through by Ben Powell shortly for grant proposals.
  . Action item: contact grant people by Sridhar or Melissa.

  * {*} Zookeepr Hackfest

  . Benefits of running this event were discussed and generally thought 
to be beneficial in the long term.

  . Action item: Steve to write to '10 team and outline that this was 
discussed tonight and support available in some respect yet to be 
decided, a meeting in Melbourne, with details to follow after an outline 
of budget and costings.

== General Business ==
  * Membership - can LUG membership also lead to LA membership, and how 
can we streamline this process?
  * Hosting for lugs?
  . Action item from last meeting to facilitate: Stewart to attend 
LugComms to investigate a level of involvement from LUGs in LA.

  * Further discussion to be followed up at LA F2F, possibly with Andrew 
Cowie, regarding how involvement can be integrated.
== Finish - 8:43 pm ==

More information about the linux-aus mailing list