[Linux-aus] penguin shirts

Janet Hawtin janet at hawtin.net.au
Wed Feb 18 17:10:54 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Michael Davies <michael at the-davies.net> wrote:

> maddog's idea of recognising and publicising Aboriginal artists is a
> good idea, and would offset any idea that we're exploiting a cultural
> group.

+1
I would be interested in one/some if it did something constructive in
that direction.

Perhaps it could even be targeted. eg. Noven Purnell was doing great
things in Marree area
with Aboriginal communities, access to technology and bandwidth.
Connectivity is difficult/expensive in remote areas with smaller populations.
Noven is in Brisbane now but it is possible there is still a community
centre in Copley
which could do with support.

David Rowe is doing interesting things with open hardware and software
for telephonics
which could also be useful in remote Oz

Not sure if you all want to tie those sorts of things together or if
there are Aboriginal communities
who would like to be a part of something like that but it is a possibility.

Cheers

Janet